He asks, for example, How can we distinguish between the words of different prophets gathered into one book?
Introduction to the Prophetic Literature
Were the prophetic speeches expanded by their disciples? And what contribution did the last redactors make to the message of the books and to their arrangement? Then there is the problem of identifying the speaker: is it the Lord or his prophet?
Isaiah With an Introduction to Prophetic Literature - Marvin Alan Sweeney - Google книги
Home Contact us Help Free delivery worldwide. Free delivery worldwide. Bestselling Series. Harry Potter.
About This Item
A rigorous introduction to the prophets from a conservative Christian perspective that tries to make the best sense of the text in context and as it relates to Jesus and the Messiah. The author explores prophets and prophecy in general, the motifs of prophecy, the power of the prophetic word, along with discussions of each prophetic book. In explanation, the author places emphasis on the Twelve, addressing their meaning, themes, and motifs in greater detail than he does for Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel.
The author does attempt to find room for premillennial interpretations of OT prophecies through the concept of multiple fulfillments; he still does note and explain, however, fulfillment in context and in Christ's first advent.
- Customer Reviews?
- The Prophetic Literature Paper - David L. Petersen : xiramlilagars.cf.
- The Living Well Guide to Senior Dogs.
- Prophetic Literature: An Introduction;
- Dear Mr. Rogge (A Play about the Olympics and the Power of Truth);
- A Little Bit in Love.
- ISBN 13: 9780664254537.
Sometimes some of the themes and attempts to explain the coherency of the text seems forced. Nevertheless, on the whole, an excellent introduction, replete with notes. Here at Walmart.
- Bestselling Series.
- Snow White Princess Amigurumi Crochet Pattern.
- Images of Exile in the Prophetic Literature - Mohr Siebeck.
- The Prophetic Literature: An Introduction - AbeBooks - David L. Petersen: ;
- The Prophetic Literature: An Introduction - David L. Petersen - Google книги.
- I Dont Want to Look Like a Man: Challenging Womens Misconceptions about Weight, Fitness and Body Image;
- To Love a Bent-Winged Angel.
Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. Due to the high volume of feedback, we are unable to respond to individual comments. Sorry, but we can't respond to individual comments.
Recent searches Clear All. Update Location.
The Prophetic Literature: An Introduction
If you want NextDay, we can save the other items for later. Yes—Save my other items for later.
No—I want to keep shopping. Order by , and we can deliver your NextDay items by. In your cart, save the other item s for later in order to get NextDay delivery.
Related The Prophetic Literature: An Introduction
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved